Platelet Additive Solution
A new Platelet Additive Solution for high-quality preservation of platelets derived from whole blood and apheresis.
Partially replace plasma in preparation of platelet concentrates.
- Replace up to 80% plasma (80% PAS: 20% plasma)
- Reduce plasma transfused with platelets
- Increase plasma volume recovery for transfusion or other uses
- Decrease adverse reactions associated with plasma transfusion
Use platelet concentrates that meet the European Council and AABB requirements.
- Platelet recovery from buffy coat pools and the final volumes of platelet concentrates were similar to those obtained by automated processing
- Platelet count in the leucoreduced platelet concentrates remained stable after 5 and 7 days of storage
- Throughout the entire storage period the pH values were within the established rang
Extend platelet shelf life for longer preservation.
- Extend platelet shelf life up to 7 days
- Reduce platelet activation and metabolism
- Help prevent platelet aggregation
- Maintain membrane stability
- Improve functionality of platelets
- Maintain pH
- Stock PAS III M solution for up to 3 years
Anticoagulant Solution for Apheresis – ACD-A
An anticoagulant solution for use in apheresis procedures.
Regulate blood factors that may interfere with an apheresis procedure, such as ATP, 2,3 DPG, and pH