SUPPLY AND DISPOSAL
Safe storage – active and passive
For the active and passive storage of flammable liquids, there are sometimes very different requirements for technology and documentation. How will you store? It is best to clarify this question before setting up your workstations or laboratory. The following overview shows you some aspects of active and passive mounting.
- Flammable liquids are stored in open or unlocked containers.
- Chemicals are filled or decanted in or at the safety cabinet.
- Your safety storage cabinet is actively integrated into your processes. It is a place of storage – and also a workplace.
- Liquids or solids are stored in closed containers.
- There is no filling or decanting in and around the cupboard.
- Your safety cabinet is purely a place of storage.